Introduction to G2R
Innovation, quality and flexibility are built into the G2R. The most advanced product ever to bear the famous SARBE name brings a new level of performance to the Personal Locator Beacon.
- Software defined dual role Personal Locator Beacon
- Peacetime role - Search and Rescue, SAR
- Combat role - Combat Search and Rescue, CSAR
- COSPAS-SARSAT approved
- Precise global location with GPS
- 406MHz digital data transmissions
- 121.5MHz & 243MHz SAR homing/voice frequencies
- Programmable training channels
- 3000 programmable CSAR frequencies
- Automatic or manual activation
- Encryption for secure data communication
- Mission abort function prevents unauthorised use
- One touch silence
- Automatically deployed antenna options
- Unique 90° pull-pin activation mechanism
- Infra-Red programming
- Combat rescue system with SARFIND
- Quick change “Twist Fit” battery
- 5 year battery life (unused)
In CSAR mode, a short, randomised burst data transmission, along with the ability to stop and restart data transmissions on demand ensures extremely low probability of intercept/detection (LPI/LPD).
SARBE - Saving lives for over 50 years
The SARBE range of Personal Locator Beacons is in Tri-Service use on every continent. Forces in over 40 countries rely on SARBE for their peacetime and combat PLB needs.
The SARBE range of products from SARBE 5 to SARBE 10 is proven in the field and meets the rigorous demands of combat and peacetime recovery missions. Since World War 2, when our first Locator Beacon was launched, SARBE has become the standard by which endurance and performance are measured. The SARBE range includes the SARBE10 SPLB, Submarine Personal Locator Beacon and the BE369/406 ADELM, Aerial Deployed Emergency Locator Marker. Both of these products are available with 406MHz.
Automatic beacon activation and antenna deployment
SARBE Personal Locator Beacons are carried by fast jet aircrew around the world as part of their essential flight equipment.
To assist in the fast location of downed aircrew after an ejection has taken place SARBE have developed a system which automatically activates the beacon and deploys the antenna into optimum position.
By automating the activation of the beacon it ensures that even where aircrew are unconscious or injured, SAR transmissions will be initiated immediately, with no human intervention required.
G2R can be configured to operate with any ejection seat mechanism and the unique 90° activation pull-pin ensures total flexibility when positioning the beacon on the aircrew. The antennas can be tailored and supplied ready for mounting on to most life preservers.
SARBE’s team of engineers have a wealth of experience in resolving complex issues relating to antenna deployment and performance. Our problem solving skills in this area are un-paralleled within the field of Search and Rescue Beacons.